Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Not my opinion but HIS WORD

"I've been assessing the church for a long time, my conclusion is basically that the church is politely bored with God. You expect me to entertain you. You expect me to do something that will attract your attention and titillate your emotions because frankly if all I do is talk about God, you'll be bored."   -  A.W. Tozer

I had someone recently walk out of a service as we prepared to open God's Word together who said "I'm not going to let some 'young buck' tell me how to live my life." With all do respect, I personally have never sought to tell anyone how to do anything when it comes to teaching God's Word. As the prophets in the Old Testament did, I am simply a spokesman for God. I don't share my opinions or thoughts but instead seek to communicate God's everlasting relevant message for us today. As long as I do that...if if bores you, frustrates you or turns you off I cannot be concerned. 

No comments: